- 1 Training FAQ
- 1.1 Where is the best place for practising?
- 1.2 When is it better to practice?
- 1.3 What position to choose for the training?
- 1.4 How to create an effective training program?
- 1.5 Is it ok to combine breathing gymnastics with other things?
- 1.6 How to combine breathing practices with the asanas, sports and other physical activities?
- 1.7 Is it possible to combine breathing exercises presented in this application, with other breathing exercises, for example, by Frolov or Strelnikova?
- 1.8 How long can I train?
- 1.9 How to take a "proper" breath?
- 1.10 How to do an air retain?
- 1.11 How do breathe out properly?
- 1.12 How to do an air sustain?
- 1.13 Why do you recommend such order of inhaling and exhaling? I've read it should be vice versa.
- 1.14 How is it better to breathe - with the nose or the mouth?
- 1.15 What are your recommendations and contraindications for breathing gymnastics during pregnancy?
- 1.16 I am using the pattern that is not represented in this app. Will you add it to the wiki database?
- 2 App FAQ
- 2.1 Is there the iOS / Blackberry OS version of this app?
- 2.2 Why does the app require the access to SD card, including photos?
- 2.3 What is the time limit for a phase?
- 2.4 Can I delete the patterns I don't use?
- 2.5 Will Prana Breath be synced with Google Fit?
- 2.6 Something not working
- 3 Guru version FAQ
- 3.1 Where are "diverse breath methods"?
- 3.2 Why can't I change the default pattern ratio even in Guru version?
- 3.3 Wo kann ich Gesundheitstests finden?
- 3.4 How can I pay for Guru version other than with Google Wallet?
- 3.5 What's the difference of features I can get, depending on the price I pay for Guru version?
- 3.6 I have payed for Guru version, but the app looks the same. What should I do?
- 3.7 After the update I'm back to free version, even though my Guru subscription is not outdated. What should I do?
- 3.8 It resets some of my settings by itself and switches back to free version sometimes. What is wrong?
- 3.9 If I plan to use Prana Breath on a few of my devices, should I buy Guru version for each one of them?
- 3.10 Wie kann ich meine Guru-Version wiederherstellen, wenn ich meine Handy gewechselt habe?
- 3.11 How can I cancel my subscription?
Where is the best place for practising?
It's optimal to go outside, or at least open the window. The forest, park or city garden are good choices.
When is it better to practice?
It is recommended to practice in 2 hours after a meal, or on an empty stomach.
What position to choose for the training?
Choose the comfortable position available for you for the moment.
How to create an effective training program?
For best results, select one or two types of training to practice those patterns regularly, at least 15 minutes a day. You can occasionally use other patterns, if you need their specific effect, but do not change the basic training too often. When with your basic training you see the results that suit you, you can change it.
Is it ok to combine breathing gymnastics with other things?
Yes, if they don't include the physical effort and don't interfere with proper breathing techniques. But still it's much more effective just to close your eyes and to concentrate on the process.
How to combine breathing practices with the asanas, sports and other physical activities?
It is recommended to do the asanas first, and after that, at least in 45 minutes, do breathing exercises. Regarding sports and other physical activities, the order here is not that important, it is important to keep the break to restore breathing and heart rate.
Is it possible to combine breathing exercises presented in this application, with other breathing exercises, for example, by Frolov or Strelnikova?
Yes, there are no determined contraindications for this, but it would be better to place these trainings in different parts of the day.
How long can I train?
The optimal training time for beginners is set as default, that is 7 minutes. You can change it, but it is not recommended to do more than 15 minutes in a row. Taking less than 3 minutes, you should not expect any significant result.
How to take a "proper" breath?
Please see full inhaling for detailed instructions.
In short: inhalation comprises three stages, which smoothly flow one into the other.
- First, fill your bottom section of the lungs with air. This expands your stomach, but chest remains immobilized.
- Then inhale with the middle section. The rib cage expands.
- Finally, fill of the upper section of the lungs with air. The clavicles rise up.
How to do an air retain?
Please see air retaining for detailed instructions.
In short: before air retaining, fill the lungs with air only by 90-95% to prevent dizziness. If necessary, close the nostrils with your fingers.
How do breathe out properly?
Please see full exhaling for detailed instructions.
In short: exhalation is performed inversely to inhalation. That is, first release the upper section of the lungs, then the middle and finally - the bottom, contracting your stomach.
How to do an air sustain?
Please see air sustain for detailed instructions.
In short: do not sustain your breath at your maximum exhalation. Leave as much air as there remains during your regular exhaling, that is 5-10% of the lungs volume. At the last second quickly exhale this leftover.
Why do you recommend such order of inhaling and exhaling? I've read it should be vice versa.
There are 4 different ways of movement of rib cage and stomach muscles movement during breathing practices, and every school of Yoga has its own "correct" method. We recommend what we do so the newbies have low chances to hurt themselves while practicing. If you're an experienced practitioner, you don't need our recommendation and are free to practice the way it's most comfortable with you.
How is it better to breathe - with the nose or the mouth?
If in description of the training pattern another way is not mentioned, inhaling is only done through the nose, exhaling, you can use both nose and mouth. When exhaling through your mouth, it is recommended to fold the lips.
What are your recommendations and contraindications for breathing gymnastics during pregnancy?
Pregnancy itself doesn't mean you should not do certain physical activity, including breathing gymnastics. It's more about another factors, like your physical and mental conditions, your lung capacity for the moment and the effect you'd like to have out of your trainings. So if you are generally healthy, have an active life and feel well, you can practice whatever pattern you'd like, as long as it brings you joy (that is you've choses proper training complexity). If you have any doubts, please consult your physician.
Also make sure you don't over-do breath holding phases ("retain" and "sustain" in the app). If and when you do them, note you may feel baby kicking during your practice; it's quite normal, as a baby moves actively in order to get more oxygen.
I am using the pattern that is not represented in this app. Will you add it to the wiki database?
As it's impossible for one person to find and to try every single breathing pattern of breathing gymnastics that exists, I've decided to create a special section for the patterns suggested by experienced users.
If you'd like your favorite pattern to be added, please write on our forum as many details about this pattern as you can: its origin, ratio & settings, as well as your impressions. Also I will really appreciate if you add the trng-file itself, as that would eliminate misunderstanding.
I will do some research and test the pattern for safety. If it is going to be published, I will create a separate wiki-page for it, similar to the ones that are there already. Also I can add you name and a link to your website (or social profile/youtube channel/etc.), if you wish.
Is there the iOS / Blackberry OS version of this app?
For this very moment this app is available for Android OS only, as the development for another version requires significant resources that I don't have. But hopefully someday this app will be available in Apple App Store as well!
Why does the app require the access to SD card, including photos?
As there is a backup option (saving to & restoring from a backup file), the app needs to get to your SD card. I would rather name it "an access to SD-card", but that's how App Store call it, there's nothing I can do.
Prana Breath doesn't interact with any of your media, documents etc., as it doesn't need it. Also it doesn't use any of analytic services and doesn't collect any of your data.
What is the time limit for a phase?
Can I delete the patterns I don't use?
Yes, you can do it easily, if they are the ones you've created yourself, or the ones that you've downloaded from our database. And if they are default patterns, please use Console tab (tap 8 times in a row on a word "Preferences" in Options tab to see Console) - there you will see hints how to do it.
Will Prana Breath be synced with Google Fit?
For now it's not in plans, as it will be not that informative for the users. Google Fit has no activity "breathing gymnastics"; the closest one is "meditation", where it tracks time and calories burned. Time is tracked in Prana Breath anyway, and "calories" in apps are usually calculated incorrectly, as at least 20 parameters of your body should be considered (not only gender, age, and weight).
Something not working
Sounds not working?
- Please make sure that sound switch in Options tab is on, as well as different sounds (background, phase transition, metronome and stop/pause sound) in Sounds tab are of audible volume.
- Please check if your device isn't in battery saving mode, as some vendors create the sound problem while in this mode.
- Please make sure that you haven't turned off the animation, as fade time and fade level depend on you animation settings.
- Go to Settings from your device's main menu.
- In the System section choose "Developer option".
- Tap on "Animator duration scale".
- Choose "Animation scale 1x".
Reminders don't work properly. What can I do?
- Usually it is the problem of some Chinese vendors, as they modify some standard Android services. It's next to impossible for for the developers, to cope with those "improvising". Please search for the possible ways to fix this problem for your device it in the Internet.
If you have Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, here's the solution for you: http://en.miui.com/thread-223704-1-1.html
- Also it might be an issue with your performance optimization app (or standard factory settings) that cuts off anything "excessive", including system alarm service. This way you can save a few hours of battery charge for the price of glitches of different apps, including this one. To prevent this, please do whitelist Prana Breath, or disable the setting mentioned above.
Guru version FAQ
Where are "diverse breath methods"?
Diverse breath methods are available for self-created patterns only and for some that you've downloaded from the database. You can copy the existing pattern and then can use this feature (see the next question why so).
If in short: choose the pattern you're working with, turn the Dynamic mode on (switch in the top right corner in Dynamic tab), double-tap on a cycle, and see the menu item "Breath methods" in the right drawer appeared. Pick breath methods for this cycle. Also keep in mind that you can alternate the nostrils every few cycles if you wish (see this option in the right drawer and remember to press "Apply" after you're done with the settings).
Look here for the detailed instructions.
Why can't I change the default pattern ratio even in Guru version?
It's important to have those 8 basic patters untouched, as you may need them later. Otherwise the specific effect for a certain pattern cannot be guaranteed if the ratio has been modified.
You can copy the existing pattern for your experiments.
Wo kann ich Gesundheitstests finden?
Gehe bitte zur Erfahrungs-Registerkarte (in der Navigationsleiste unten der Dritte) und wische nach links auf der Aktionsleiste (dort wo oben "Erfahrung", "Fortschritt" steht) oder zum Hauptbildschirm dieser Registerkarte. Ganz rechts gibt es [[[Special:MyLanguage/Health_tab|Health tab]], wo alle Gesundheitstests und Statistiken zu finden sind.
How can I pay for Guru version other than with Google Wallet?
The only way for me is to sell the Guru version via Google Play Store, in order not get banned by Google, as they get 30% of the money and don't want it to go elsewhere.
Please look through accepted payment methods in order to choose what suits best for you.
Also the app is available on Amazon.
But, if you can offer the translation or another kind of contribution, there is the possibility for me to grant you with the promo-code. Please contact me if you have some suggestions.
What's the difference of features I can get, depending on the price I pay for Guru version?
There is NO difference as for features you get. If you choose 3-months subscription, you will have all the features for this period of time only, then they you can prolong the subscription or cancel it; in last case Guru features will be locked.
Other option, "Guru forever" has 3 prices to choose from. This way you decide the amount of contribution yourself, depending on how much you like the app and what your financial situation is. I wanted the app to be affordable but still to be able to keep supporting it in high-quality way.
I have payed for Guru version, but the app looks the same. What should I do?
If you are not sure, if you have Guru version after the purchase, go to Features tab and see if you have "Gongrats! You have it!" line in the bottom (the last screenshot here). If you do, all Guru features are unlocked.
If you still have a dialog saying that you have Guru version blocked, restart the app, I mean restart it completely, swiping it out of "Recent Apps" list. If it doesn't work, it's possible that your payment has not been processed. Sometimes Google declines the transactions if for whatever reason it doesn't like the card. If that's the case, I suggest you to look through your purchase list in Google Market app, and see if this app has been purchased.
In any case, I can always return your money back so you can try again.
After the update I'm back to free version, even though my Guru subscription is not outdated. What should I do?
Guru version is tied to the e-mail account you used for purchasing the app, so please make sure you're logged in it. Then restart the app completely, swiping it out of "Recent Apps" list. After launching the app you should have your Guru version back.
Keep in mind that multiple Google accounts can cause the app to go back to free version and then again to Guru, causing some Guru options to be disabled. (see the next question)
It resets some of my settings by itself and switches back to free version sometimes. What is wrong?
It happens mostly because of multiple Google accounts being active on one device. They are active in turns, and Guru version is linked only to one of them. That is why sometimes you see it switches back to free version by itself, and some settings are corrupted. Unfortunately, InApp Billing libraries do not provide a solution for this.
Being logged in only one Google account used for the purchase, usually solves the problem. In case it is not possible, please try the following
Fix A (only works if the account used to make the purchase is the "primary" account on the device):
- Clear the data of the Google Play Store app.
- Open the Google Play Store and accept the terms.
- Open the app. Guru version should be active.
- Uninstall the app.
- Open Google Play and switch to the account used to make the purchase.
- Download the app you uninstalled in step 1.
- Open the app. Guru version should be active.
In case none of the above worked, please send me your order number so I can check on that side too.
If I plan to use Prana Breath on a few of my devices, should I buy Guru version for each one of them?
No, you should not. In order to have Guru version activated on your another device, you just need to be logged in the very same e-mail account you've used while purchasing the app. As you log in, restart Prana Breath completely, swiping it out of "Recent Apps" list. Then you will be able to use Guru version on this device as well.
Wie kann ich meine Guru-Version wiederherstellen, wenn ich meine Handy gewechselt habe?
- Es ist auf jeden Fall gut, wenn du auf dem alten Handy ein Backup erstellst - am besten auf einer externen SD-Card. Diese kannst du dann ins neue Handy einlegen. Andernfalls kannst du die Backup-Datei auch an dein neues Handy schicken (die Backup-Datei befindet sich normalerweise hier:
/storage/emulated/0/PranaBreath/prana-breath.sqlite). Dann auf der SD-Card des neuen Handys einen neuen Ordner namens "PRanaBreath" erstellen (ohne Leerstelle!).
- Wenn du die Backup-Datei auf dem neuen Handy hast, meldest du dich mit dem selben E-Mail-Account an, den du bei der ersten Installation von Prana Breath benutzt hast. Nach dem Einloggen musst du die App schließen und aus dem Cache löschen. Nach dem Neustart der App ist die Guru-Version wieder aktiviert und deine Backup-Datei kann geladen werden. Dann sind alle deine Einstellungen und Übungen wieder integriert.
How can I cancel my subscription?
While purchasing Guru version of Prana Breath, you are interacting with Google Play Subscription rules. You can cancel it in your Google Play Market account. Here's the official instruction how to do that.
Uninstalling the app does not cancel the subscription.