Smoking to celebrate
Smoking to celebrate is the extra preset training type in Prana Breath app, available in Guru version. You can use it as positive reinforcement while quitting smoking.
- relieving cigarette craving
- lowering adrenaline level
- providing the feeling of satisfaction
- helping to enjoy the moment without the need of nicotine
It is used as a substitute for the cigarette craving that is induced by the pleasant moments of our life, like a good meal, drinking at a party or sex with the beloved one. Those activities are usually combined with higher than usual adrenaline level, and that's where a cigarette used to help.
This training type was developed by Simone Righini, the behavioral psychology student and the author of the “respira.re” method, read by over 140.000 people in 2016 (first Italian edition) and has been approved by top Italian psychologists.
The method takes inspiration from the book “The non-doing” (1973) by Itsuo Tsuda, a Japanese philosopher and a practitioner and teacher of Aikido and Seitai.
This training type is adapted even for people that don't do any meditative practice and/or don't have much time for practice but still need its effect.
Setting the training
- Download this pattern if you don't have it yet.
- Choose this pattern in Training tab or Control tab after the pleasant activity that you used to smoke after.
- Breathe according to the pattern guide.
- Choose the comfortable position, but it is not obligatory, since the craving can manifest everywhere, but still best results come when you practice on open air and under direct sunlight.
- Empty your lungs, breathing out gently, but with some effort ("Prepare").
- Inhale and exhale through your nose rhythmically during first 11 cycles.
- Inhale deep and slow through your nose.
- Retain the air for a little while.
- Exhale slowly and gradually through your nose.
- Sustain your breath, concentrating on relaxation of your lungs.
- Keep repeating steps 4-7 till the end of your training session.
- After you're done, feel the winning sensation of being closer to the bad habit being totally defeated. You deserve it!
- This pattern is designed to have an average "one-cigarette-duration" (in this emotional state), but you may increase the training duration or run the training once again if needed.
- Once you become familiar with the pattern, you can practice it in different situations, even without the usage of the app. Still, if you'd like it to appear in statistics, run it in the app.
Got specific question about this pattern? Please contact Simone Righini directly to get the answer!
This pattern is a part of the training called “respira.re” (the Italian for “to breath”) that can be found in Simone's e-book on the website.