From Olekdia Wiki
Samaveta is the extra preset training type in Prana Breath app, available in Guru version.
- is easy to do for anyone, and great pattern to start with
- helping to concentrate on the present moment
- revitalizing and refreshing the body and mind
- preparing the lungs for more complex breathing practices
This training type, as well as "Harmony" and "Power", is derived from Pranayama, an ancient Vedic technique of breathing gymnastics. "Samaveta" means "Together" or "Both" in Sanskrit, referring to the way it is performed with both nostrils, unlike Anulom Vilom.
In Prana Breath this training type is adapted even for people that don't practice Yoga and/or don't have much time for practice but still need its effect.
Setting the training
- Download this pattern if you don't have it yet.
- Choose this pattern in Training tab or Control tab.
- Set the optimal training complexity so the training brings you joy, yet doesn't seem too easy. Use the options in Control tab and/or Dynamic tab to adjust all parameters.
- Practice stage 2 once you're absolutely comfortable with stage 1.
- If you do a couple of Pranayamas for one session, this pattern is considered as one of the best to start with.
- Choose the comfortable position.
- Empty your lungs, breathing out with effort ("Prepare").
- Make a full inhaling slowly through your nose, in a relaxed manner.
- Retain the air with no tension created.
- Make a full exhaling slowly and smoothly through your nose or your mouth.
- Keep breathing like this till the end of your training session.
- After you're done, you might take some time for meditating and contemplating yourself.
How long should I train? How can I combine this pattern with another? Should I always inhale through my nose?
If you have such or other questions, please look through the FAQ page.