- great for newbies in breathing gymnastics
- helping to focus the wandering mind
- improving mindfulness
- relieving anxiety attacks
This training type, as well as "Harmony" and "Power", is derived from Pranayama, an ancient Vedic technique of breathing gymnastics. Sama Vritti is translated from Sanskrit as "even breath".
In Prana Breath this training type is adapted even for people that don't practice Yoga and/or don't have much time for practice but still need its effect.
Setting the training
- Download this pattern if you don't have it yet.
- Choose this pattern in Training tab or Control tab.
- Set the optimal training complexity so the training brings you joy, yet doesn't seem too easy. Use the options in Control tab and/or Dynamic tab to adjust all parameters.
- Choose the comfortable position.
- Empty your lungs, breathing out with effort.
- Inhale slowly but energetically.
- Retain the air without creating the tension. Control your face muscles, as the usually are first to be strained.
- Exhale through both of your nostrils.
- Hold your breath again, concentrating on your relaxed muscles.
- Keep breathing like described above till the end of your training session.
- After you're done, you might take some time for meditating and contemplating yourself.
How long should I train? How can I combine this pattern with another? Should I always inhale through my nose?
If you have such or other questions, please look through the FAQ page.