- harmonizing the psycho-emotional processes
- improving general emotional background
- boosting mood
- giving the feeling of integrity
- enhancing mindfulness
- increasing the stress resistance
This training type, as well as "Power", is derived from "Vritti Pranayama" (translated to English by B.K.S. Iengar in his book "Light of Pranayama"), an ancient Vedic technique of breathing gymnastics, and adapted to people that don't practice Yoga and/or don't have much time for practice but still need their effect.
Setting the training
- Choose this pattern in Training tab or Control tab.
- Set the optimal training complexity so the training brings you joy, yet doesn't seem too easy. Use the options in Control tab and/or Dynamic tab to adjust all parameters.
- Note that this pattern has 2 different complexity levels; it is recommended to start from "Beginner" and to move on to "Medium" once you are ready.
- NB! Be extra careful with this pattern if you have a tendency to hypertension.
- Choose the comfortable position.
- Empty your lungs, breathing out with effort ("Prepare").
- Make a full inhaling ("Inhale").
- Perform an air retaining ("Retain").
- Make a full exhaling ("Exhale").
- Perform an air sustain ("Sustain").
- Keep repeating this breath cycle till the end of your training session.
- After you're done, you might take some time for meditating and contemplating yourself.
How long should I train? How can I combine this pattern with another? Should I always inhale through my nose?
If you have such or other questions, please look through the FAQ page.