- fighting stress-caused oxygen deprivation
- controlling "fight-or-flight" body reaction
- calming and balancing
- reducing anxiety
- helping to fall asleep fast
This training type, as well as "Harmony" and "Power", is derived from Pranayama, and is an ancient Vedic technique of breathing gymnastics.
This pattern is actively popularized by Andrew Weil, MD, who claims "it puts you to sleep in 60 seconds".
In Prana Breath this training type is adapted even for people that don't practice Yoga and/or don't have much time for practice but still need its effect.
Setting the training
- Download this pattern if you don't have it yet.
- Choose this pattern in Training tab or Control tab.
- Set the optimal training complexity so the training brings you joy, yet doesn't seem too easy. Use the options in Control tab and/or Dynamic tab to adjust all parameters.
- Choose the comfortable position.
- Gently press your tongue against your top front teeth.
- Empty your lungs, breathing out with effort ("Prepare").
- Make a full inhaling ("Inhale") though your nose.
- Perform an air retaining ("Retain").
- Make a full exhaling ("Exhale") through your mouth.
- Keep repeating this breath cycle till the end of your training session.
- After you're done, you might take some time for meditating and contemplating yourself.
How long should I train? How can I combine this pattern with another? Should I always inhale through my nose?
If you have such or other questions, please look through the FAQ page.