Data tab is the tab in Prana Breath app for creating backup files, restoring your data, importing training files and exporting all your data or a single training file.
Create the backup file
You may want to keep all your data (your training patterns, statistics, reminders and settings) on your SD card to secure them, or just to be more opened to new experiments with your custom trainings.
Also you can create the backup file on your Google Drive so you can have your data safe, plus this way you can sync your data through all of your devices. The file will be saved to your Google Drive once you go online. Also note there is "Transfer file only via Wi-Fi" option in Google drive, so if you have this switch on in your Google Drive settings, the backup file won't be saved to your Drive until you turn Wi-Fi on.
- Choose "Create backup" item in "Backup" section.
- Find the folder needed on your SD card or on Google Drive (note what Google account you are using) and tap on "Create" button. You will see the file name in a toast, typically "prana_breath_backup_yyyy-MM-dd__hh_mm.db", but you can rename it if necessary.
- You will see the date and time of the latest backup on top of this section.
- Google Drive backup is available for Guru version.
Restore your data
To get the info out of the backup file on SD card or Google drive, do the following:
- Choose "Restore data" item in "Backup" section
- Choose the file needed and tap on it.
- If there is any of new data other than in a backup file, it will be erased after restoring. It will be completely substituted by the data from the backup file.
- Restoring from Google drive backup file is available for Guru version.
Watch the video to find out everything about the backup.
- It is available in Guru version.
Import single training
- Tap on "Training" item in "Import data" section.
- Find the .trng file in your file system you'd like to import, tap on it.
- Now you are ready to practice this pattern - it is opened in Control tab.
Import sound style
- Tap on "Sound style" item in "Import data" section.
- Find the .snds file in your file system you'd like to import, tap on it.
- You will see the toast that informs you about successful import. Now you can choose this sound style in setting your sounds.
- It is available in Guru version.
Export the training
- Choose "Training" item in "Export data" section.
- Choose the training pattern you'd like to export.
- Mark the check boxes of the things you'd like to be included to this this training.
- Decide if you'd like to export it as a file or as a link.
- Tap on "Export" and choose the external app you'd like to proceed with.
- Note the very same export training dialog in Control tab, if you tap on a menu button right to the "Training type" item, and tap on "Export".
You can export some of or all our stats in a .csv file for its further analyzing or sharing.
- Choose "Statistic" item in "Export data" section. You'll see the very same "Export statistics" dialog that is shown once you tap on big purple "Share" button in Experience tab or Log tab.
- Adjust what you'd like to have in your .csv file:
- Mark the check box of the kind of info you'd like to have (you can mark all of them as well).
- Choose either "Whole time period" (from your very first training session), or define the time period needed.
- Choose another separator if necessary. Some editors (like MS Excel) recognize the values if you use semicolon instead of comma.
- Tap on "Export".
- Proceed using an external app of your choice.