7 by 7 breathing
- energizing the body
- relaxing muscle tension
- giving the feeling of order and stability
- stabilizing positive mental state
This pattern is the third in the set in "Oriental Breathing Therapy".
This training type is derived from the book of Professor Takashi Nakamura "Oriental Breathing Therapy" (1981). Pr. Nakamura has claimed this breathing practice, along with other patterns in his book, helps to keep health on a great level throughout long active life.
The reason why this pattern in included here is the personal recommendation of our regular user from Munich Max Schubert.
In Prana Breath this training type is adapted even for people that don't practice any meditative practice and/or don't have much time for practice but still need its effect.
Setting the training
- Choose the comfortable position. Also you may be walking with the comfortable pace.
- Empty your lungs, breathing out with effort ("Prepare").
- Breath first 3 sets just like in "Rhythmical breath" pattern.
- Inhale deeply and slowly through the nose.
- Retain your breath for a short time.
- Exhale slowly with your nose, concentrating on relaxing your muscles.
- Sustain the air, relaxing your diaphragm.
- Keep breathing like in steps 4-7 till the end of your training session.
- After you're done, you might take some time for meditating and contemplating yourself.
How long should I train? How can I combine this pattern with another? Should I always inhale through my nose?
If you have such or other questions, please look through the FAQ page.