Health tab is the a tab in Prana Breath app, where you can evaluate the physical effect of your breathing gymnastics trainings. This tab contains special tests to determine the health level of the respiratory system, and, therefore, of the whole organism. It is available for Guru version only.
What can you see and set with Health tab
In action bar
(from left to right)
- Main Menu button
- The name of the tab — "Health"
- Info button, where you can find out more about this tab, or the current health test
- Menu button in the right corner, that comprises the "Reset" item
In main screen
- Navigation arrows
- Health test picker
- Time unit picker
- Health level chart
Performing health tests
- It is recommended to perform the tests once a week for an adequate evaluation of your training effectiveness.
- Better start with "Blood circulation" test, then "Heart rate", "Buteyko", "Genchi" and "Shtange" - the very opposite way they appear in the picker.
- Do this on an empty stomach, at one certain chosen time, with 5 minute intervals between tests.
Run a test
- Choose a test with the health test picker.
- Press on a purple float action button with the a stopwatch image in bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the "Info" button in the right corner of an action bar.
- Read the instructions attentively, press "OK".
- Once you're ready, tap in the middle of the circle with "00", or on "Play" button in the right part of an action bar.
- When you're done with the test, tap in the middle of the screen or on "Stop" button in the right part of an action bar.
- The test window hides and shows you your results immediately.
- Also you can find the information about this test, pressing the "Info" button in action bar.
- Note that if you feel there's something wrong with performing your test, you can cancel it, pressing on your device "Back" button, or "Back" button in top left corner in action bar. This way the test is cancelled, and your results are not recorded.
Health tests results
View your health statistics
- Choose a test or "health level" item with the health test picker.
- A test chart shows your achievement in this very test.
- The graph "health level" shows your average level of physical fitness.
- Choose the time unit - day, week or month, that you'd like to view the results of. Note that if you choose "week", you'll see the date of the first day of the week on the graph below.
- Navigate with the arrows (they are near the pickers) to observe the time period you'd like.
- Touch and hold the chart bar to see the exact result and date in a toast.
- Also you can choose another type of health tests chart, following this instruction.
Interpreting the results
Health tests results are expressed in seconds, health level - in points. Points are conventional units, derived from all of your health tests results. Therefore, the more health tests you perform during a day, the more accurate the "health level" value for this day is.
If your results are:
- Above the dashed purple line - it's time to open your own healthy lifestyle training center! =)
- - - - - - - - -
- Between the dashed purple and blue lines - excellent result, most likely you are working out diligently and a lot.
- - - - - - - - -
- Between the dashed blue and solid green - you're in a good shape, continue accumulating your health potential!
____________ The solid green line is the average level for an adult.
- Between the solid green and dashed yellow - it's a good idea to pay more attention to trainings, in order to be more vigorous and energetic.
- - - - - - - - -
- Between the dashed yellow and red - serious attention to your health needed, as well as to train more often and more intensively, to maintain good health for years to come.
- - - - - - - -
- Below the red line - likely, you should contact your physician for the recommendations to improve your condition.
NB! These charts can be not objective, in case there is any of the following:
- special physiological conditions: pregnancy, postpartum or post-operational recovery;
- acute respiratory diseases;
- exacerbation of chronic diseases;
- effect of stimulating substances (nicotine, alcohol, some medications, etc.);
- in childhood, adolescence and an old age.
Also you can find this information, pressing the "Info" button in action bar while "Health level" is chosen with the picker.
Reset the data in Health tab
- If for whatever reason you'd like to reset the data in this tab, you can do that, performing the following:
- Press on menu button in the right corner of action bar.
- Press on "Reset" item.
- Confirm your decision, pressing "RESET". Note there are no graph with your results.
- NB! This will affect this tab only, NOT your trainings, settings or sounds!
- NB! If you have the backup file created before resetting the data in this tab, you can have it back after restoring.